Free Consultation


If you’re hurt on the job, workers’ compensation should be there for you

When you work in any job where you have an employer, you are likely an employee. As an employee, you often have the right to workers’ compensation if you are injured in an accident while working.

A workplace injury can result in a few days off work or might lead to having to end your career completely. It’s important that you have the opportunity to get the support you need afterward, so you can focus on healing and potentially returning to work.

What are the steps you need to take to maximize your financial recovery after a workplace incident?

After a work-related accident, one of the best things you can do is seek medical attention. In an emergency, it doesn’t matter which hospital you go to. However, if you do plan to get medical attention and drive yourself, you may want to talk to your employer first, so they can give you information on where to go for treatment.

Always report your injury to your supervisor or employer as soon as you can after it happens, so that they can make the first report to the workers’ compensation insurance company.

What kinds of injuries should be covered under workers’ compensation insurance?

With workers’ compensation, many kinds of injuries should be covered. The main rule is that the injury has to be related to your work. For example, if you are hit by a falling object while at work, that would usually qualify. Some of the more common injuries that are covered may include:

  • Respiratory diseases
  • Mining injuries
  • Repetitive stress injuries
  • Back injuries
  • Construction accident injuries
  • Occupational diseases
  • Spinal cord injuries
  • Brain injuries

Can everyone get workers’ compensation when they need it?

For those who are employed, workers’ compensation is usually there for them. If your employer does not have workers’ compensation or you are a third-party worker who is not employed, then you may need to seek other methods of getting the compensation that you need. You may want to discuss filing a personal injury lawsuit or wrongful death lawsuit against an employer if they do not have the workers’ compensation coverage needed or if you don’t qualify for workers’ compensation because of the kind of worker you are.